When people hear the term ‘Family Dentistry,’ multiple questions pop up in their minds. Is there any difference between general dentistry and family dentistry? What dental treatment does it involve? In this blog, we will cover up every question you have related to Family Dentistry.
So, dive deep to know more.
What is Family Dentistry?
Family Dentistry involves dentists providing general, preventive, and comprehensive treatment to people of all age groups. However, you should keep in mind that not all general dentists are family dentists. It is because there are very few of them who are specialized in treating children. Hence, it can only assist the patient by addressing their oral health needs at every stage of their life.
Family Dentistry Services
Most Family Dentists provide services concerning preventive dentistry and oral health care. Nonetheless, there are some of them that also offer orthodontic treatment, oral surgery, such as cosmetic dentistry and Dental Implants. The most common services provided by Family Dentistry include:
- Regular cleaning and six-month dental examination are significant for your teeth. Family dentistry conducts the procedure to inspect the early stage of delta issues of you and your child. They take care of the health of your mouth and maintain oral hygiene.
- They provide dental sealants and fluoride treatment to help combat cavities. These treatments are often used in children with cavity-prone teeth.
- They offer cavity checks and dental fillings. Since cavities are the most common childhood dental condition, it is identified and treated with dental fillings.
- Several family dentists perform the orthodontic treatment to treat your dental problems.
- Gum diseases are relatively common in adults. So, the family dentist performs deep cleaning, gum flap surgery, and antibiotics to treat gingivitis and other gum diseases.
Some Family Dentists also involve other treatments. But, the above points are the most common ones.
Benefits of Family Dentistry
Family Dentistry serves the following benefits to its patients:
- Since it provides dental care to both the adult and the children, you can get your appointment scheduled for your whole family. It makes your dental care simple.
- They tend to provide various treatments, unlike general dentistry. It makes them highly versatile.
- It is difficult to thoroughly provide your dental history to different dentists. However, having a family dentist will treat you appropriately since they are well aware of your dental history.
Family Dentistry is very significant in a person’s life. Dental Nook dentistry offers expert family dental care by Dr. James Cantua, a member of the American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry at Colorado Springs, CO. For more information and appointments, call Dentist in Colorado Springs CO at (719) 235-5885, book online, or visit us at 13492 Bass Pro Dr Ste 110, Colorado Springs, CO 80921.
Ready to schedule a consultation?